Monday, July 17, 2006

Wild at the Greek

One of my favorite concert videos since I was ten has been The Go-Go's Wild at the Greek. It was recorded in 1984 and was towards the end of the girls first big run. They were the essence of the '80s and the vibe of California and I would watch from my livingroom in Everett, Washington imagining how cool knowing them would be. Friday night, as they celebrated the twenty-fifth anniversary of Beauty and the Beat and returned to the Greek Theater, I finally got to answer my ten year old self with, "it's everything you thought it would be!"

Here is a short clip of them singing the quintessential song about Los Angeles, This Town...



And here we were before the show. And yes, Wendy went all out in her Go-Go gear! I couldn't have been more proud to have her as my date! (I apologize for not getting a shot of her matching pink camouflage Chuck Taylor's!)



4 comments:

Sizzle said...

i am very relieved to hear that wendy was in a costume of sorts. i was worried. ;)

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time!

Kenneth M. Walsh said...

How fun! Did they do "Cool Places" or "Mad About You"?

Sarah Kramer said...

I had so much fun standing next to you two!! What a great concert!!