Friday, July 21, 2006

Dinner Cam

People are constantly asking me what I have been up to and my stock response is usually, "nothing". And it isn't that I am copping out, it is that I really feel like I haven't been doing much. But that got me to thinking... I am rarely home before 11:30pm and I am constantly on the go. So how is it possible that I am up to nothing? My answer... I am always out eating!

We have been taught since kindergarten that we need to eat three meals a day. The sexiest of them being dinner. I think I consider it nothing because it is something we have to do, but it doesn't mean it is boring and it certainly isn't nothing! That's why I've decided to start bringing along my camera from now on. So if you know you are having dinner with me, do make sure your hair and make up are just how you like it, cause you aren't getting away without a snapshot!

Oh and Paddy, Joan and Brittan, I have no idea what happened. I know I had my camera with me, but for some reason I forgot to snap our pics! I guess this new project of mine will take some practice to become habit!


MONDAY was dinner with Paddy and Joan. I still can't believe I forgot to grab our photo. I guess it will make for a good excuse to have dinner with them again soon. TUESDAY however was really a treat. Erin and the kids were in town for a visit and we sat by Mary's pool eating "The Sauce" and drinking wine (sadly Craig had flown home over the weekend). I can't believe two years have passed since our last visit together. How is that possible? All I can say is I hate it!


WEDNESDAY
night was a nice chat (unfortunately not a great dinner) with my friend Brittan. It was good to hash through various aspects of personalities, dreams and goals in Hollywood. I'm really sad I don't have a pic of him to share. He is very easy on the eyes!


And THURSDAY, the clouds parted and light shone down upon my 9:30 meal (they think they still live in New York) when I discovered the best macaroni and cheese in Los Angeles. If you ever make it over to Luna Park on La Brea, you have to sample it! If that wasn't great enough, I was also introduced to the most incredible new invention, the
Tide Pen. It is a felt pen, but it removes stains!!! And anyone who has eaten with me knows I ALWAYS wear my food!

Both of these divine introductions were presented to me by my new friends Chip and Willa. Thanks to them opening my eyes, I will never be the same (well, I might be, but at least I will be stainless!). While driving directly to Rite Aid to purchase said pen, my friend Carrie pulled up behind me. Fortunately I made her go with me and she was able to console me when I discovered they were sold out! I will not sleep tonight until I own one!

And tonight, was sushi and sake with Gabe, Missy and Kelly. Steve... you were sadly missed!!

2 comments:

Sizzle said...

you know too many people. but at least knowing this many people helps keep you fed. ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Tide:

I am writing to say what an excellent product you have! I've used it all of my married life, as my Mom always told me it was the best. Now that I am in my fifties I find it even better! In fact, about a month ago, I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My inconsiderate and uncaring husband started to belittle me about how clumsy I was, and generally started becoming a pain in the neck. One thing led to another and somehow I ended up with his blood on my new white blouse! I grabbed my bottle of Tide with bleach alternative, and to my surprise and satisfaction, all of the stains came out! In fact, the stains came out so well the detectives who came by yesterday told me that the DNA tests on my blouse were negative. Then my attorney called and said that I was no longer considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband.

What a relief! Going through menopause is bad enough without being a murder suspect! I thank you, once again, for having a great product.

Well, gotta go, I have to write to the Hefty bag people.