Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Taking off my pants

This morning while I was at the doctor, I was asked to disrobe and put on a white cotton hospital gown. It was thick and heavy and somehow light and breezy. I was so comfortable in it (in spite of the fact that one wrong twist and my back-end business would be in full view) that it got me to thinking about how nice it would be if we could wear said gowns in our daily lives. Whoever decided that it would be women who wore dresses and men who wore pants?

Wearing it, I realized you couldn't tell if I was fat or thin. I was just me. And with all of this global warming, it was nicely air conditioned. It was multi-purpose AND comfortable.

Now granted, there are some bodies which should be in tight form fitted clothes. But what if we lived in a world where they were "the radical" and "different" ones while leaving the rest of us in mumus? It was just my thought I had today while I was waiting...

Oh! And my friend Nick is performing some standup this Sunday at 8pm at the Comedy Store on Sunset. Come check him out, won't you? (in case you were wondering, he is the one on the right)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol... I love your blogs. So refreshing.