Tuesday, August 10, 2004

a scary dream and endless thoughts...

I had the most bizarre and intense dream last night. I dreamt that Los Angeles was being bombed. I was on top of a hill looking out across the valley and there were bombs going off that looked like mini atom bombs. I was terrified and began to run up the hill and into the woods when I realized that the woods were peppered with terrorists. I could hear other people running and screaming as well. So I laid behind a rock making sure not to move. Then I saw a man in a black mask with his gun pointed at me. Before I could scream, he shot me. The dream was so vivid, that I could feel the bullet enter and pass through my left shoulder blade. I could feel the chill of the blood leaving my body. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in a hospital in Mexico. I was a lucky survivor, but most people hadn't survived. They dropped me at the border, but it was up to me to get back home. I kept telling people Heidi's phone number. Ben was at the border as well. He was uninjured and just trying to get back home also, but couldn't help me. Shortly after, the radio woke me.

Have I been reading too much news lately? Has it finally entered into my psyche? I have never had a dream like that before. So terrifying, so vivid. It definitely had me shaken up this morning. I was relieved when I realized that my shoulder wasn't paralyzed.

I saw the new movie GARDEN STATE last night. Loved it. I really did. The last 2 minutes I probably would have made a little different, but up until that moment, it was brilliantly rich and colorful with it's characters and story arch. Who knew Zach Braff had it in him? Coincidentally, I stumbled upon his "blog" yesterday and he was promoting one Gavin DeGraw on his website. Great minds think alike. Now if only he thought as much of me when I accidentally accosted him last Halloween at the Skybar. (A tale for another day)

Also had dinner with my brother last night. He is moving here in two weeks. Should prove adventuresome to say the least.

Was listening to the Backstreet Boys on the radio yesterday and was perplexed. We all know they had a hit song called, "I Want It That Way" but then I realized they had a song called "More Than That". They kept singing, "I can love you more than that". Here's what I want to know, in both songs, what does the word "that" refer to? It makes no sense to me and is incredibly vague.

Did you know that Fijian Rum has no proof? One Mai Tai and you may as well be shooting heroin. Thanks always to Paddy for inspiring such inebriation...

Neal's art gets hung at the gallery today. Must send out reminder Evite so that everyone turns out for the opening. Saw the pieces yesterday... there is some very good stuff in there, but don't tell him I said so...

Started back up officially on South Beach yesterday. Mustn't eat sugars and certainly no Fijian Rum! Feel free to rip any bread or dessert you see going anywhere near my mouth from my hands.

The Hemming's are in labor right now. The office is abuzz with excitement over a new baby to ogle. Exciting times.

Off to call therapist now about disturbingly frightful dream...

No comments: