Friday, August 18, 2006

Escaped from prison

I was supposed to come home tonight and clean my bedroom. I know- glamorous. I hear that a lot. Actually, contrary to public opinion, I generally like having my Friday nights at home since I am usually out and about Monday through Thursday. I knew I was going to be out all weekend, so I made a pact with myself that tonight I would come home and clean my bedroom and get my chores done. I hate cleaning my bedroom. I hate doing chores. So while stuck in traffic on the 405, I called my friend Bec, whom mind you, I haven't spoken with in at least a month. The conversation went something like this:

Bec:
Well hello Robert! (that is how my name comes up on caller ID... Don't get any ideas).
Me:
Well hello Rebecca!
Bec:
How is Lance doing with being gay?
Me:
I'm sorry Bec, did you mean, "hey Bob, how are YOU doing?"
Bec:
(giggling) Oh yeah. How are you?
Me:
Fantastic. What are you doing?
Bec:
Dom's sister is here and we just finished dinner. The kids are playing in the yard and we are just having some wine. What are you doing?
Me:
Driving home.
Bec:
Want to come over?
Me:
I'm on my way.

I love spontaneity. I love good friends. I love a low key Friday night. I love doing anything but cleaning and chores. We had some nice champagne. We caught up. And much to my happy surprise, Dom was even home and we got to catch up (he has been off shooting Prison Break in Chicago all last year and now in Texas). I'm so proud of him and so happy for the success of the show.

SHAMELESS PLUG: To keep it successful, make sure you tune into the season premiere this Monday night on Fox*. Following it is my friend Mimi's new show Vanished. It'll be like a night of reunions in a way (Mimi was my boss, who directed the show John Doe and Dominic was the star). *I'm really getting a reputation for plugging things (no pun intended!)

It's a good night. And now I am eating a White Castle Cheeseburger (I found them in the frozen section at the grocery store and remember, they had already eaten before I arrived) and watching The Office. Even though it is a repeat, it still makes me giggle. Michael just asked Pam to rub butter on his foot (that he burned by standing on his George Foreman Grill). Brilliant. I'm going to do my dishes, but the bedroom will have to wait for the morning.

If I had a piece of chocolate cake, it would be a perfect evening. I guess I will just have to settle for fantastic. I hope yours is as well... xo


I love how Bec looks like she is posing for her mugshot while Dom looks like he is still serving time. I wonder if I would still sport my typical and standard grin if I ever had to get a mug shot. I hope I never have to find out!

** UPDATE: Pretty In Pink is on TV right now. This night is officially duckie!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love your blogs. :-)

Sizzle said...

"can i have another piece of chocolate cake, tammy baker has a lot on her plate..." ;)

plugging things- ha!

i was watching that rerun of the office and laughing at that same part- yay!!

Anonymous said...

I'll come and clean your room if you babysit the four little brats I have here. I spent the night yelling and acting like a PMS'ing freak. Good times!

Janet said...

Chores...i guess that's why they call them that huh! Glad your evening was spent doing something fun. Have a great weekend.