Monday, January 29, 2007

dizzy with disgust

Being fat and sporting a pencil mustache while spewing hatred... THAT is a choice... but being bald, having a small penis or being gay... those are things people are born with... whether genetic or God's way, it is just the facts and not a choice... otherwise, why would I want to go against the grain of idiots like this and insure a difficult life for myself?

I want to know when someone is going to write a song about God hating people who hate. Oh wait, there can never be such a song because GOD DOESN'T HATE!

The following two videos were forwarded on to me. I am forwarding them on, not because I think this person needs one more second of notoriety, but because I think that all of the people who sit on the fence thinking hatred and homophobia are on the decline, need to see the extreme inappropriateness of many like-minded individuals as this.

I want to know what gives this man the right to tell me not only that God hates me, but the power to judge me or anyone else for the path we/they are on? I will deal with God on judgement day and he or SHE and I can discuss what I did and didn't do right.. In the meantime, this guy better hope he doesn't have one skeleton in his obviously full closet...

http://www.eveningservice.com/Video

and yes, to show this isn't a joke... here is his video blog commenting on the video/song... also, I am sure Oscar Wilde is spinning in his grave over this guy saying he was a reformed homosexual.

http://lovegodsway.org/Blog/DisturbedElated

Remember: In complete darkness, we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us.

UPDATE:

from my friend Ryan:

Bobby,

WELL, I have been consumed by this Donnie Davies fellow for the better part of a week. I was initially OUTRAGED and DISGUSTED by this man. I, however, gave him power by going to every link and youtube I could get my hands on. I have the "Gay Bands" list memorized.

THEN, after some snooping,, I have discovered that this has been uncovered as a hoax. Turns out it is, in fact, a complete satire. I'll add a link at the bottom to one of the articles exposing it. Once I found this out, I went back and watched all the videos again and must say, this guy is kind of a genius. For people like me, who can find the genius and humor in this satire I think it is HILARIOUS! However, I have a fear of all the ignorant people in the world who DON'T get the joke and this helps fuel there hatred and bigotry.

My hope is that this will be exposed as a joke, not just on the internet, and then this truly funny man can continue his satire without harming people. I believe his intentions where actually quite good, and I applaud his ability to pull it off, but like Boratt, it's MUCH funnier if you're in on the joke.

Here's the most recent news articla as well as a link to the Andrew Sullivan "Time" blog that REALLY did the big exposure. "Donnie Davies" even mentions him in one of his videos, sort of a wink to Andrew for figuring it out.

http://www.newyorkblade.com/thelatest/thelatest.cfm?blog_id=11101

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2007/01/davies-exposed-as-actor-joel-oglesby.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God could never hate you. Bob, you are one of the most loving, most amazing creatures He ever made.

I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability. Oscar Wilde

Joni said...

It's sad that there are people like that in this world but it's wonderful having people like you in this world, Baub.

Anonymous said...

This guy defends against people who think he's a hoax and people who think he's fat, but he doesn't respond to anyone's observations that he's anti-christian or a terrible singer/songwriter or even that he chose to wear PINK in the video?