Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Y'all should be so lucky...


Everyone should be so lucky to have someone sign-up to share in their journey and be there for the good times and bad. The laughter and the tears. The successes and flops. The cheesecakes and turkey sandwiches. The red hair dye and the calico streaks. The yellow shorts and Air America. Red underwear and bad perms.

I'd be nothing without her...

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other nite, dear,
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear,
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried.


You are my sunshine, My only sunshine.
You make me happy When skys are grey.
You'll never know, dear, How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Happy birthday baby...
xoxo

5 comments:

Sizzle said...

the first cry of the day thanks to you.

i love you past speech.

xo
sizz

Poz Mikey said...

Yeah I love Sizzle too. Also Love the pics!!

Party Girl said...

so beyond sweet.

very nice.

Jules said...

Will you be in jealous awe if i tell you that i lunched with her today (and there were no creepy vegetarian dishes present)?

And oh, i love the Richard Simmons photo. I actually tear up. I mean her hand is on his freakin' leg! Beautiful.

Janet said...

The words to You Are My Sunshine are very sad to me. My Aunt sang that song to her sons, my cousins, when they were dying. They died separately from complications from Aids. Gary in NY and Steve in Seattle. It has bittersweet memories, sad cause they're gone but at the same time I remember all the wacky things Gary did to torment me and his sister and the special times I had hanging out with Steve. Love and miss you Gary and Steven.