Sunday, March 19, 2006

Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A pirate's life for me...

Well, last night started off innocent enough... It was Jo's birthday, so to celebrate, she had us over for the opening night of the new Safari Club with catering by the Chef Monkeys (God I love those bacon wrapped breadsticks!) and Kumquatinis from Paddy. As I was leaving, I was headed to Grant and Polly's pirate themed birthday. I needed someone to help me get smokey looking eyes like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribean. When I saw Kindall's face light up because she knew how to do smokey eyes, I knew there was no one else I wanted near my face. She was so cute and sweet about it, I wouldn't have cared if she had painted my face to look like a clown. Fortunately, she actually did a fantastic job! Here we are (with her brother Chace) after the final touch up...

Then, maybe it was the kumquatinis, or the vodka cranberries, but within minutes of being at the Pirate party, I was ready to walk the plank. Thank God I had Adam to drive me home. In my hazy state of mind, I kept forgetting to take pictures... but I am happy with the few that I have... and at least they allude to the notion that I didn't do anything too embarrassing!

Here is Chane't dressed as a pirate's wench...
The hostess, Miss Polly was dressed as a parrot. I know, brilliant! And yes, I couldn't help but scream, "Polly want a cracker?"


And our other host and Polly's better half, Grant. I would have liked to have seen him carry her around on his shoulder... Argh!

We were throwing down our pirate gang signs...

All I can say is, click to enlarge...

Not too bad considering this was the last photo I took of the night as we were walking out the door. It's nice to see I was still standing!

1 comment:

Sizzle said...

you are lucky you had your make up done so well. . . remember when you did my make up and i looked like a clown and you couldn't stop hysterically laughing? good times.

:) sizz