Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Last night's American Idol

First of all, Sizzle, I am stealing two things from you today. Your Paula Abdul pic (because you are right, there are no good ones of her clapping) and one of your quotes. That will be coming later...

Now let's start with Seacrest. Is it just me or has he just become fearless and angry in the face of Cowell? I feel like ever since he took over E! and every other media outlet in town, he thinks he is Oprah and if I were Cowell, I would be on my best behavior with him, because he is obviously not stopping until he reaches world domination.

And then there's Paula. My friend was in the audience last night and I immediately sent him a text saying, "Please find out what Paula is on and get me some." She so lucid last night. When Taylor went into the audience, I was looking for an IV drip. I have a feeling it is under the table. I also love how the more out of it she gets (seriously, look at her eyes, she can barely keep them open), the more trouble her hands have trying to make contact when she claps. And what was up with that whole breakdown she had about dancing when Simon kept saying, "this isn't a dancing competition!" It does make for good TV.

And did anyone notice the sound problems? They kept forgetting to turn Paula and Randy's mics down when they would pan into the audience. Unfortunately they didn't say anything good, but some of the "noises" Paula was making validate my theory that she was definitely on something.

And now for my rundown on the performances...

Mandisa- Amazing. Sexy. Flawless.
Bucky- Embarrassing, bad hair and he looked like a *cocker spaniel. I can't be the only one to think this. *see below
Paris- I can't wait to see her at 21. With Whitney back in the ghetto, we need a new diva.
Chris- This was my favorite performance of his. He owned a song that has always been known as Johnny's- and that is hard to do!
Katharine- She is the one to watch out for. I'm sorry I didn't have you in my original Top 10 because each week you just keep getting better and better!
Taylor- He is still my favorite. His passion for music is infectious, but the song he chose should've been second in a set list, not an opening number.
Lisa- Sizzle said it best, "I think she used to be on 21 Jump Street."
Kevin- Ick. America, you have two choices to send home tonight: Kevin and Bucky. Please don't disappoint.
Elliot- File your teeth down and maybe your diction will match your amazing voice. In the meantime, I am too distracted to listen.
Kellie- I was waiting for her to fall when she was walking around. I just wish that the whole dumb bit was an act, but I just know that it ain't y'all.
Ace- You're just not my Constantine and I've heard better versions of that song (most notably by Debbie Gibson on the Wonder Years soundtrack)

*Seriously...



And anyone looking for one more reason to join Myspace, the top 12 now each have their own fansites:

:: Kevin Covais
:: Ace Young
:: Lisa Tucker
:: Paris Bennett
:: Taylor Hicks
:: Mandisa
:: Kellie Pickler
:: Elliott Yamin
:: Bucky Covington
:: Melissa McGhee
:: Katharine McPhee
:: Chris Daughtry

And that's all I've got! Merrick out!

3 comments:

Sizzle said...

Seacrest scares me. I don't want him to take over the world!

I told you Katherine was one to watch. I l-o-v-e her.

Bucky DOES look like a cocker spaniel! And Keving DOES look like George W.

Frightening!

:)S

Anonymous said...

Love Mandisa, she's my fave.

And Bob, I will never be on board with the Constantine thing. He makes me want to shower after I see him. He is icky. I have to go with Ace here.

I was wondering what Bucky reminded me of....now I know. Thanks,

paula =)

Anonymous said...

you've nailed it with the spaniel. And I am equally delighted with Paris, Chris and Mandisa...but sad in that Taylor seems so reigned in and not owning his own wierd little fabulousness.

- jules