Sunday, March 13, 2005

Why Are You HERE?

Earlier this week I went to the One Tree Hill Tour at The Wiltern, where Gavin DeGraw was headling with The Wreckers (w/Michelle Branch) and Tyler Hilton (who by the way is much cuter in person than on the show). It was a fantastic concert, with the exception of this fuckwad that insisted on standing to the left of me talking back to the stage and acting obnoxious for no other reason than to impress the dumb girls he was with. AND THEY WERE JUST AS IDIOTIC!

I don't understand, with ticket prices as inflated as they are, why people have to behave that way at a show. Why be there if you only want to make out with your girlfriend the entire time or talk non-stop about some crisis in your life? This isn't therapy or a bath house! They have easily spent a hundred dollars between the two of them to be there. Their money could be better spent renting a hotel room for the night so that those of us who are fans, and had to really justify the expense, can enjoy the performance. I so badly wanted to scream to the idiot and his dumb broads, "WHY ARE YOU HERE?"


In spite of the idiot talking to my left, Gavin blew the roof off the Wiltern with easily one of his best shows! The crowd lost their minds and I thought I was on an episode of Oprah's Favorite Things when he sang, "I Don't Wanna Be". Such a thrill watching his rocket soar...
(c)planetbaub 2005

No comments: