Sunday, October 15, 2006

Joy is the feeling of grinning inside.

In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous. - Aristotle

As I was pulling out of the office on Friday night, the skies of Santa Monica were alive with brilliance. To my left was a rainbow like I have never seen. So vivid, so bright, so magnificent. To the right, the colors continued over the ocean. It was like a water color come to life as the clouds glowed from the leftover light of the sun. It was absolutely breathtaking. Not to be over looked was the date- Friday the 13th. For a day that is notatrized for it's bad luck and evil doings, I felt nothing but happiness as I began my weekend.





I'm sure it was partly because I was on my way to a last minute dinner with two of my favorite people. There is no question the value Paddy's friendship holds with me. So you can imagine my excitement when we get a visit from her mother Nancy from Seattle. Certain people just have that ability to lift you up from the inside, much like that sky above.



The night sky became so clear after the sun went down. I tried to grab this shot from Lance's driveway. You could see down into the city below. The wetness in the air made the lights twinkle and dance. It was a good night.



Hard to imagine there was more room for happiness, but I found it. My friend James was visiting from Chicago and on Friday night was forced to sleep on my tattered and torn ten year old couch. I've had my eye on couches here and there, but hadn't quite found the one. And then, a trip to Levitz yesterday morning and I found it.

It's so plush and comfy. I've barely left it today.



And I am not the only one. Sophie seems to think it was bought just for her. I'm thinking of calling it my new "Sopha" because of it! I have to get down on my knees (an unfamiliar position for me) and say many many thanks to my Aunt Heidi. It was a much needed, a much appreciated and completely fantastic early Christmas present! Sophie and I spent the afternoon watching Pretty Woman on it. How was your weekend?



1 comment:

Sizzle said...

a) paddy and her mom are both so beautiful.
b) when did you start wearing glasses?
c) L-o-v-e the new couch. And those curtains? Fab!
d) soph is still one of the best lookin' cats evah.