Thursday, June 22, 2006

Super Duper

My birthday week is off to an amazing start! Tuesday night I attended a screening of Madonna's new movie "I'm Going to Tell You a Secret" with a few of my friends. Then last night was the Superman premiere in Los Angeles and I was lucky enough to go with my friend Joey (easily one of the biggest Superman fans out there). The movie is so fantastic! I have been nervous about the final product, because I have to be honest... Brandon (the new Superman) has looked a little soft and feminine and cartoony for me. Now that I have seen it on the big screen and in action, he is flawless! He is gorgeous, masculine AND a good actor (and in person very sweet and gracious... Here's hoping that lasts). Oh... and the movie itself is terrific too!


The after party was held outside on a field and littered with props from the movie including the Daily Planet tower top...


And crystal formations from Superman's home complete with green lasers slicing through the sky...


One of my personal highlights was meeting the hilarious Rachel Dratch from SNL... We even talked about my favorite Debbie Downer skit with Lindsey Lohan...


Parker Posey is a nut. A brilliant nut. But a nut. And she steals every scene she is in...


Ahhh.. Great Brittain... They hired (on purpose) the most gorgeous wait staff you have ever seen assembled. Every bartender, food server, and busser were insanely handsome. My thanks to Courtney at Warner Brothers for her impeccable taste. I was even happy when one of them came up to me and wanted a hug...

One of my favorite moments, dragging Joey over to get my photo with Brandon (wasn't leaving without it) while he acted embarrassed, until the second he took my pic and decided he needed one of his own!

My new friend Chad... We met a few weeks ago in Palm Springs and we are a lot of fun together :-)


And two VERY incredible thank yous have to go out ... 1) to my friend Allegra for passing on my request to the proper person...


And 2) to my new friend Elizabeth for BEING the proper person and getting us in! It was such a spectacular night that I am so thankful to have been a part of!

More to come, this is all I got out of my camera for now...



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good time. Will be looking fwd to more pics and a full review :)

Anonymous said...

You actually got a freakin' picture with whatshisface...
Jude

B Merrick said...

Life is full of surprises.

Anonymous said...

nice pics... love your dimples

Anonymous said...

is lance bass really gay. he is so hot

Sizzle said...

i effen LOVE parker posey.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

BAUB!! Where's my picture?!?! I want some loving!! Elizabeth (the red head that got you and Joey the tix!!!)

B Merrick said...

They are a comin' baby! I had very limited time today on the computer and dealing with photos... how could you not get your own tribute piece?? xo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Babe!

Anonymous said...

super!! ur pics are amazing!!
i´m from ecuador!! =)