Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Little Sister's Graduation...

I am proud to say, my little sister has graduated college! To celebrate, she had a party in the Bay Area that was themed, "around the world". So everyone had to come in an outfit that represented somewhere from around the world. As usual, some people went all out and others, well they decided to stay more local and say, "this is how I dress at home (as in San Jose, California).

After not having been that close with her during her childhood, it has been such a treat for me to have gotten as close to her as I have these last few years. To have become a confidante and a friend to her has meant the world to me. And it is with great anticipation that I sit in the front row and watch as the next phase of her life unfolds.

Here she is, the Bavarian Beer Frau...

My dad and step mom flock her with pride...

Eric came dressed as Abba, otherwise known as Sweden...

Two of her oldest friends, Linda and Lauren. Linda was hilarious in her sombrero...

Amy and her cousin Sammy. She captivates my heart every time!

My cousin Emily and my Aunt Karen. I like to think of us as the fun ones!

My brother Jeremy traveled long and far from Arabia...

I am thinking Emily was from Hawaii?
I like the cute look on Amy's face here...

Mike was fittingly a leprechaun, my sister Tonya took a page from the Brazilian born Carmen Miranda, Ryan visited Hawaii with Emily and Karen, while Mike's mom and sister found their rastafarian roots.

Then of course, we were all ready to go on a gondola ride with Jake...
Oh yeah, and then me. I might have stolen a page out of Madonna's last tour. A little Italians do it better T-shirt and a kilt. Who knows where I was from? But at least I was in theme!
Amy's boyfriend Jay swam the oceans from Cuba...

My stepmom and her sister Faith were dressed like geisha girls...

but partied like harajuku women...

Yep, Italians DO do it better... we also finally did the math to determine that I am in fact half Italian. Who knew?

My face looks weird here. I don't think I like it, but it is the best shot of the kilt Eric made me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So with the shirt & the kilt...should we be calling you Guido McHotlegs??? But with the beret, maybe Pierre McHotlegs....

Hee hee.

Looks like a great time!

xxoo paula

Sizzle said...

oh those theme parties! always a theme party at that house! ;)

did you like the kilt? whole new meaning to breezy bob, no? hee hee.

xoxo
s

Anonymous said...

Jay looks like Jason Lee, in that shot at the bottom.